5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern Measurement and Specifications
The 5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern or Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) is made up of the stud count (5) and the bolt circle measurement (4.5), the notional circle determined by the center position of the studs.
Equivalent Bolt Pattern: 5 X 114.3
How To Measure 5 Lug Bolt Patterns
Measure 5 lug wheel bolt patterns from the outside edge to center distance between two studs that are across the hub from each other. This measurement is your bolt pattern diameter. Learn more about wheel dimensions below.
Alternate 5 Lug Bolt Pattern Measurement
Note: When measuring a 5 lug wheel with a tape, the measurement is only an estimate unless measured using a wheel bolt pattern gauge, although double-checking with this alternate method below can help ensure accurate results.
Alternate 5 Lug Measurement: 2 5/8" Center to Center = 5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern.
What Vehicles Use Wheels With 5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern?
The 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern is common to FORD, MAZDA, LEXUS, TOYOTA, MERCURY, MITSUBISHI, HONDA, DODGE, NISSAN, ACURA, CHRYSLER, INFINITI and other vehicles. A full list of vehicle makes and models appears below.
5 X 4.5 is generally thought of as the 'Ford Bolt Pattern', or passenger car bolt pattern, and is a very common bolt pattern found on travel trailers and utility trailers. More about trailer wheels...
Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence / Specifications:
5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence Specifications: 1, 3, 5, 2, 4
|Stud Size||Typical Torque Range in Ft/Lbs||Minimum Thread Engagement (turns)|
|12 x 1.5 mm||70 - 80||6.5|
|12 x 1.25 mm||70 - 80||8|
|14 x 1.5 mm||85 - 90||7.5|
|14 x 1.25 mm||85 - 90||9|
|7/16 in.||70 - 80||8|
|1/2 in.||75 - 85||8|
|9/16 in.||135 - 145||8|
It is prudent to re-torque wheels after about 60 to 90 miles (100km to 150km) of driving. Learn more about lug nuts and torque.
Hub Center Bore
Hub Center Bore: Relates to the center hole in the wheel that centers the wheel on the hub of the car. Since most wheels are mass produced, they have a large center bore to accommodate several different vehicles. If this is the case, it is recommended that you use a hub ring. Hub rings are hard plastic or metal ring that fits between the wheel and the vehicle. This centers the wheel perfectly on the hub ensuring that there is no run out when the wheel is installed on to the vehicle. Without hub rings it is possible to get vibrations even if the wheel / tire assembly is perfectly balanced.
Wheel offset is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true center line of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.
H = High - Positive Offset, typically FWD (Front Wheel Drive) +45, 40, 35 offsets
M = Medium - Neutral Offset, typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) +20 offset
L = Low - Zero to Negative Offset, Offset typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 0 offset
Wheels, Spacers and Adapters
Wheel Bolt Pattern by Make and Model
Comparing to MAZDA B-2500, 3000, 4000 Center Bore: 70.3
Vehicle Make(s) with 5 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern:
1991 > ACURA LEGEND
1991-05 ACURA LEGEND
1998 > CHRYSLER 300M
1999-04 CHRYSLER 300M
1993 > CHRYSLER CONCORDE, LXI
1993-04 CHRYSLER CONCORDE, LXI
1994 > CHRYSLER LHS
1994-01 CHRYSLER LHS
1994 > CHRYSLER NEW YORKER
1997-02 CHRYSLER PROWLER
1949-70 DODGE 1/2 TON TRUCK, VAN
1971-85 DODGE ALL 1/2 TON TRUCK, VAN
1987-90 DODGE DAKOTA 2WD, LE H.D. & 4WD
1987-90 DODGE DAKOTA 4X4, (OPT.2WD)
1993 > DODGE INTREPID
1993-04 DODGE INTREPID
2007-08 DODGE NITRO 2WD 4WD STX SLT RT
1968-84 FORD 1/2 TON E-100 VAN
1985-97 FORD AEROSTAR
1982-90 FORD BRONCO II
1982-90 FORD BRONCO II 7
1991-02 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
1991-07 FORD CROWN VICTORIA
2003 > FORD CROWN VICTORIA
1957-64 FORD CUSTOM, ETC.
1979-96 FORD CUSTOM, GALAXIE, LTD
2007-08 FORD EDGE SE, SEL, LIMITED
1990-01 FORD EXPLORER & SPORT TRAC
2002 > FORD EXPLORER & SPORT TRAC
1990-01 FORD EXPLORER & SPORT TRAC 7
1979-96 FORD FULL SIZE CROWN VICTORIA)
1965-72 FORD FULL SIZE CUSTOM
1957-64 FORD FULL SIZE GALAXIE
1965-72 FORD GALAXIE, THUNDERBIRD, ETC.
1964-73 FORD MAVERICK, MUSTANG,ETC.
1994 > FORD MUSTANG / GT
1994-08 FORD MUSTANG / GT
1997-08 FORD MUSTANG GT (OPT.), COBRA
1965-84 FORD RANCHERO
1981 > FORD RANGER 2WD
1981-08 FORD RANGER 2WD
1973 > FORD RANGER 4WD
1983-08 FORD RANGER 4WD
1995 > HONDA ODYSSEY
1995-04 HONDA ODYSSEY
1997-02 ISUZU OASIS
1980 > JEEP CHEROKEE
1980-06 JEEP CHEROKEE, WRANGLER
1980-93 JEEP COMMANCHE, CHIEF
1993-98 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
1993-98 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2WD 4WD
2002 > JEEP LIBERTY
2002-07 JEEP LIBERTY 2WD, 4WD
1980-06 JEEP WRANGLER
2003 > LINCOLN AVIATOR
2003-05 LINCOLN AVIATOR
1968-72 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL
1968-72 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL , MARK III
1988 > LINCOLN LSC
1968-72 LINCOLN MARK III
1984-92 LINCOLN MARK VII
2007-08 LINCOLN MKX
1982-97 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
1998 > LINCOLN TOWN CAR
2003-08 LINCOLN TOWN CAR (HIGH OFFSET)
1982-02 LINCOLN TOWN CAR (LOW OFFSET)
1993 > MAZDA B-2500, 3000, 4000
1990 > MAZDA NAVAJO
1993 > MAZDA PICKUP
1978-79 MERCURY COUGAR XR-7
1995-07 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
2003 > MERCURY MARAUDER
2003-04 MERCURY MARAUDER
1996-01 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
2002 > MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
2002-08 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
1988 > PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER
Additional Wheel / Measurement Information
Key Identifying Wheel Dimensions: Wheel Bolt or Lug Pattern (or bolt circle, lug circle, lug pattern, etc.) is the measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes. Bolt patterns can be 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 10 lug holes. A bolt circle of 5 x 4.5 would indicate a 5 lug bolt pattern on a circle with a diameter of 4.5 inches.
There are four important measurements that are used to categorize and identify a wheel for fitment purposes.
- Rim Diameter The actual diameter of the wheel at the point where the tire bead seats (NOT the outer lip of the rim).
- Rim Width Measure from the inside of the outer lip at the bead seating point to the inner lip.
- Back Spacing From the inside of the wheel at the point where it contacts the hub, brake drum or axle flange to the inside edge (lip) of the wheel.
- Bolt Pattern The measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes.
How To Measure Wheel Bolt Pattern
If there is an EVEN number of lugs: Measure center-to-center on lugs directly across from each other.
If there is an ODD number of lugs: Measure from the CENTER of one lug to the OUTER EDGE of the hole diagonally across from it.
Lug Nut Types
Common Bolt Pattern Conversions
This information is accurate to the best of our knowledge. No warranties or guarantees are expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information provided on this site. Use of this site constitutes your agreement to these terms.
- How to Measure Bolt Pattern Bolt pattern - diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs.
- Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence Correct Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence - 4 lug, 5 lug, 6 lug.
- How to Measure Wheel Back Spacing This measurement is important to be sure you have proper wheel clearance.
- How To Read A Tire Sidewall Learn to understand the common markings found on tire sidewalls.
- How To Plus Size Your Wheels
- Wheel, Tire and Fender Fitment Calculator Calculate Wheel Fitment, Tire Stretch and Rolling Radius. Includes Speedometer Error Calculator. Play with specs, try different settings and combinations, compare results.
- Tire Size Change / Speedometer Calibration Calculator This calculator is designed to give information related to tire size changes and the general impact they have on the calibration of a speedometer. It determines speedometer error and tire size information based on published and generally accepted tire dimensions as given by the standard US tire system (i.e. 205/45-ZR16). All calculations are based on the assumption of a new tire (as opposed to used) where the numbers on the tire accurately represent the dimensions.