5 X 115 Bolt Pattern Measurement and Specifications
The 5 X 115 Bolt Pattern or Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) is made up of the stud count (5) and the bolt circle measurement (115), the notional circle determined by the center position of the studs.
How To Measure 5 Lug Bolt Patterns
Measure 5 lug wheel bolt patterns from the outside edge to center distance between two studs that are across the hub from each other. This measurement is your bolt pattern diameter. Learn more about wheel dimensions below.
What Vehicles Use Wheels With 5 X 115 Bolt Pattern?
The 5 X 115 bolt pattern is common to OLDSMOBILE, BUICK, PONTIAC, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, DODGE, SATURN, CHRYSLER and SUZUKI vehicles. A full list of vehicle makes and models appears below.
Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence / Specifications:
5 X 115 Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence Specifications: 1, 3, 5, 2, 4
|Stud Size||Typical Torque Range in Ft/Lbs||Minimum Thread Engagement (turns)|
|12 x 1.5 mm||70 - 80||6.5|
|12 x 1.25 mm||70 - 80||8|
|14 x 1.5 mm||85 - 90||7.5|
|14 x 1.25 mm||85 - 90||9|
|7/16 in.||70 - 80||8|
|1/2 in.||75 - 85||8|
|9/16 in.||135 - 145||8|
It is prudent to re-torque wheels after about 60 to 90 miles (100km to 150km) of driving. Learn more about lug nuts and torque.
Hub Center Bore
Hub Center Bore: Relates to the center hole in the wheel that centers the wheel on the hub of the car. Since most wheels are mass produced, they have a large center bore to accommodate several different vehicles. If this is the case, it is recommended that you use a hub ring. Hub rings are hard plastic or metal ring that fits between the wheel and the vehicle. This centers the wheel perfectly on the hub ensuring that there is no run out when the wheel is installed on to the vehicle. Without hub rings it is possible to get vibrations even if the wheel / tire assembly is perfectly balanced.
Wheel offset is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true center line of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.
H = High - Positive Offset, typically FWD (Front Wheel Drive) +45, 40, 35 offsets
M = Medium - Neutral Offset, typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) +20 offset
L = Low - Zero to Negative Offset, Offset typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 0 offset
Wheels, Spacers and Adapters
Wheel Bolt Pattern by Make and Model
Comparing to CHEVROLET/GMC LUMINA APV Center Bore: 70.3
Vehicle Make(s) with 5 X 115 Bolt Pattern:
1990-05 BUICK CENTURY
1986-89 BUICK CENTURY HD
1985-89 BUICK ELECTRA
2005-08 BUICK LA CROSSE CX, CXL, CXS
1986-05 BUICK LE SABRE
1986-96 BUICK LE SABRE
2006-08 BUICK LUCERNE CX, CXL, CXS
1985 > BUICK PARK AVENUE, ULTRA
1985-05 BUICK PARK AVENUE, ULTRA
2008 BUICK PASSAGE
1988-91 BUICK REATTA
1985 > BUICK REGAL FWD
1985-04 BUICK REGAL FWD
2002 > BUICK RENDEZVOUS
2002-07 BUICK RENDEZVOUS CX, CXL,2&AWD
1986-89 BUICK RIVIERA
1993 > BUICK RIVIERA
1993-99 BUICK RIVIERA
2005-07 BUICK TERRAZA CX, CXL, AWD
1987-93 CADILLAC ALLANTE
1985 > CADILLAC BROUGHAM FWD
2003 > CADILLAC CTS
2003-07 CADILLAC CTS
1985 > CADILLAC DEVILLE
1985-05 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1993 > CADILLAC DEVILLE & DTS
2006-08 CADILLAC DTS
1997-99 CADILLAC DTX
1986 > CADILLAC ELDORADO
1986-03 CADILLAC ELDORADO
1985-88 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD
1985-93 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD FWD
1986 > CADILLAC SEVILLE & STS
1986-04 CADILLAC SEVILLE & STS
2005-08 CADILLAC STS
1982-89 CHEVROLET CELEBRITY EUROSPORT
1999 > CHEVROLET IMPALA
1999-08 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2006-08 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS
1990-02 CHEVROLET LUMINA
1997-03 CHEVROLET MALIBU
1995-07 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
2005-07 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS
1997 > CHEVROLET VENTURE
2004 > CHEVROLET/GMC EQUINOX
1990 > CHEVROLET/GMC LUMINA
1990-96 CHEVROLET/GMC LUMINA APV
1997-03 CHEVROLET/GMC MALIBU
1995 > CHEVROLET/GMC MONTE CARLO
< 1997 CHEVROLET/GMC MONTE CARLO SS
1997 > CHEVROLET/GMC VENTURE
1997-05 CHEVROLET/GMC VENTURE
2005 > CHRYSLER 300C
2005-08 CHRYSLER 300C RWD AWD SRTS
2005 > DODGE CHARGER
2005 > DODGE MAGNUM
2005-08 DODGE MAGNUM RWD AWD
1998 > OLDSMOBILE ALERO
1998-04 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
1994 > OLDSMOBILE AURORA
1994-03 OLDSMOBILE AURORA
1988-97 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME (FWD)
1997 > OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE
1997-03 OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE
1997 > OLDSMOBILE LSS
1997 > OLDSMOBILE REGENCY
1990 > OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE
1990-04 OLDSMOBILE SILHOUETTE
1986-88 OLDSMOBILE TORONADO
1986-92 OLDSMOBILE TORONADO TROFEO
1990-92 OLDSMOBILE TORONADO TROFEO
1983-91 PONTIAC 6000
2001 > PONTIAC AZTEC
2000 > PONTIAC AZTEK
2001-05 PONTIAC AZTEK
1987 > PONTIAC BONNEVILLE FWD
1987-05 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE FWD
1999 > PONTIAC GRAND AM
1999-05 PONTIAC GRAND AM
1988 > PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
1989-08 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX, GTP
1989-97 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX, GTP
1999 > PONTIAC MONTANA
1999-05 PONTIAC MONTANA
2008 PONTIAC PRESTIGE
2006-08 PONTIAC TORRENT FWD, AWD
1990-97 PONTIAC TRANS SPORT
2005-07 SATURN RELAY
2002 > SATURN VUE
2007-08 SUZUKI XL-7 LUXURY, LIMITED
Additional Wheel / Measurement Information
Key Identifying Wheel Dimensions: Wheel Bolt or Lug Pattern (or bolt circle, lug circle, lug pattern, etc.) is the measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes. Bolt patterns can be 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 10 lug holes. A bolt circle of 5 x 4.5 would indicate a 5 lug bolt pattern on a circle with a diameter of 4.5 inches.
There are four important measurements that are used to categorize and identify a wheel for fitment purposes.
- Rim Diameter The actual diameter of the wheel at the point where the tire bead seats (NOT the outer lip of the rim).
- Rim Width Measure from the inside of the outer lip at the bead seating point to the inner lip.
- Back Spacing From the inside of the wheel at the point where it contacts the hub, brake drum or axle flange to the inside edge (lip) of the wheel.
- Bolt Pattern The measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes.
How To Measure Wheel Bolt Pattern
If there is an EVEN number of lugs: Measure center-to-center on lugs directly across from each other.
If there is an ODD number of lugs: Measure from the CENTER of one lug to the OUTER EDGE of the hole diagonally across from it.
Lug Nut Types
Common Bolt Pattern Conversions
This information is accurate to the best of our knowledge. No warranties or guarantees are expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information provided on this site. Use of this site constitutes your agreement to these terms.
- How to Measure Bolt Pattern Bolt pattern - diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs.
- Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence Correct Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence - 4 lug, 5 lug, 6 lug.
- How to Measure Wheel Back Spacing This measurement is important to be sure you have proper wheel clearance.
- How To Read A Tire Sidewall Learn to understand the common markings found on tire sidewalls.
- How To Plus Size Your Wheels
- Wheel, Tire and Fender Fitment Calculator Calculate Wheel Fitment, Tire Stretch and Rolling Radius. Includes Speedometer Error Calculator. Play with specs, try different settings and combinations, compare results.
- Tire Size Change / Speedometer Calibration Calculator This calculator is designed to give information related to tire size changes and the general impact they have on the calibration of a speedometer. It determines speedometer error and tire size information based on published and generally accepted tire dimensions as given by the standard US tire system (i.e. 205/45-ZR16). All calculations are based on the assumption of a new tire (as opposed to used) where the numbers on the tire accurately represent the dimensions.