Wheel Bolt Pattern Cross Reference
4 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern Measurement and Specifications
Equivalent Bolt Pattern: 4 X 114.3
The 4 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern or Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) is made up of the stud count (4) and the bolt circle measurement (4.5), the notional circle determined by the center position of the studs.
How To Measure 4 Lug Bolt Patterns
Measure 4 lug wheel bolt patterns from center to center distance between two studs that are across the hub from each other. This measurement is your bolt pattern diameter. Learn more about wheel dimensions.
The 4 X 4.5 bolt pattern is common to CHEVROLET, NISSAN, MITSUBISHI, HYUNDAI, ACURA, HONDA, SUZUKI, FORD, MAZDA, TOYOTA and other vehicles.
4 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence Specifications: 1, 3, 2, 4
Note: Alloy wheels should always be installed using a torque wrench ensuring proper mount. Check your vehicle owner manual for proper specifications. General recommendations by stud size in Ft/Lbs: 12mm = 70-80, 7/16 = 55-65, 1/2 = 75-85, 14mm = 85-95, 9/16 = 95-115, 5/8 = 135-145
It is prudent to re-torque wheels after about 60 to 90 miles (100km to 150km) of driving. Learn more about lug nuts and torque.
Hub Center Bore and Offset
Wheels, Spacers and Adapters
Wheel Bolt Pattern by Make and Model
Vehicles with 4 X 4.5 Bolt Pattern
1995 > ACURA 2.5TL
1986-90 ACURA LEGEND
1992-95 ACURA TC 2.5
1996-98 ACURA TL 2.5
1991-93 ACURA VIGOR
1992-94 ACURA VIGOR
1989-93 AMC EAGLE SUMMIT
1988-89 CHEVROLET SPRINT
1988-89 CHEVROLET/GMC SPRINT
1979-92 DODGE COLT
1979-92 DODGE COLT3
1987-93 FORD FESTIVA
1964-74 FORD MAVERICK, MUSTANG,ETC.
1964-66 FORD MUSTANG 6 CYL- 4 LUG
1967-68 FORD MUSTANG 6 CYL- 4 LUG
1989-94 GEO METRO
1989-97 GEO METRO
1995-97 GEO METRO
1990-93 GEO METRO CONV.
1991-93 GEO METRO CONV.
1990-96 HONDA ACCORD
1998-02 HONDA ACCORD
1998-02 HONDA ACCORD 4 LUG, 4 CYLINDER
1990-97 HONDA ACCORD EX, LX, WAGON
1988-95 HONDA CTX
1997 > HONDA EV MINI VAN
1992-96 HONDA PRELUDE SI
1995-99 HYUNDAI ACCENT
1995-99 HYUNDAI ACCENT3
1992 > HYUNDAI ELANTRA
1992-06 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
1986-94 HYUNDAI EXCEL
1986-94 HYUNDAI EXCEL3
1990 > HYUNDAI SCOUPE, LS
1989 > HYUNDAI SONATA
1989-05 HYUNDAI SONATA
1997-02 HYUNDAI TIBURON
1997-99 HYUNDAI TIBURON
1997-99 HYUNDAI XC250
1991-03 INFINITI G20
1991-96 INFINITI G20
1990-92 INFINITI M30
2001-03 KIA IMAGE
2001 > KIA OPTIMA
2001-06 KIA OPTIMA LE, EX
2005-08 KIA SPECTRA EX, SX, SPECTRA 5
1986-89 MAZDA 323
1986-89 MAZDA 323 9
1983-87 MAZDA 626
1982-85 MAZDA GLC
1984-88 MAZDA RX7 GSL/SE
1991-94 MERCURY CAPRI
1988-90 MERCURY TRACER
1991-95 MITSUBISHI EXPO
1985-96 MITSUBISHI GALANT
1985-98 MITSUBISHI GALANT
2002 > MITSUBISHI LANCER LS 15"
1985-92 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE
1985-92 MITSUBISHI MIRAGE 3
1983-93 MITSUBISHI PRECIS
1983-93 MITSUBISHI PRECIS 3
1983-87 MITSUBISHI STARION
1984-88 NISSAN 200SX & TURBO
1989-96 NISSAN 240SX
1970-85 NISSAN 240Z, 260Z, 280Z
1984-86 NISSAN 300ZX
1993-01 NISSAN ALTIMA
1990 > NISSAN AXXESS
1985-88 NISSAN MAXIMA
1983-86 NISSAN SENTRA
2000 > NISSAN SENTRA & SE-R
2000-06 NISSAN SENTRA S, SE, R, SER
2007-08 NISSAN SENTRA S, SL
1979-83 NISSAN STANZA
1987-92 NISSAN STANZA
1987-92 NISSAN STANZA 87-92
2007-08 NISSAN VERSA 1.8S, 1.8SL
1985-94 PLYMOUTH VISTA
1984-87 SAAB 900, TURBO
1987-91 STERLING 825, 827
2002 > SUZUKI AERIO
2004-08 SUZUKI FORENZA
2005-08 SUZUKI RENO
1989-01 SUZUKI SWIFT
1989-97 SUZUKI SWIFT
2004-06 SUZUKI VERONA
1976-85 TOYOTA CELICA
1985-88 TOYOTA CRESSIDA
1979-85 TOYOTA SUPRA
1983-85 TOYOTA SUPRA L
1984-90 TOYOTA VAN WAGON 2WD
1998-03 VOLVO 40 SERIES
2004 > VOLVO 40 SERIES
1998-04.5 VOLVO 40 SERIES 4-LUG (MID-YEAR CHANGES)
Additional Wheel / Bolt Pattern Measurement Information
Key Identifying Wheel Dimensions: Wheel Bolt or Lug Pattern (or bolt circle, lug circle, lug pattern, etc.) is the measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes. Bolt patterns can be 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 10 lug holes. A bolt circle of 5 x 4.5 would indicate a 5 lug bolt pattern on a circle with a diameter of 4.5 inches.
There are four important measurements that are used to categorize and identify a wheel for fitment purposes.
- Rim Diameter The actual diameter of the wheel at the point where the tire bead seats (NOT the outer lip of the rim).
- Rim Width Measure from the inside of the outer lip at the bead seating point to the inner lip.
- Back Spacing From the inside of the wheel at the point where it contacts the hub, brake drum or axle flange to the inside edge (lip) of the wheel.
- Bolt Pattern The measured diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs or bolt holes.
How To Measure Wheel Bolt Pattern
If there is an EVEN number of lugs: Measure center-to-center on lugs directly across from each other.
If there is an ODD number of lugs: Measure from the CENTER of one lug to the OUTER EDGE of the hole diagonally across from it.
Lug Nut Types
Bolt Pattern Torque Sequence / Specifications:
|Stud Size||Typical Torque Range in Ft/Lbs||Minimum Thread Engagement (turns)|
|12 x 1.5 mm||70 - 80||6.5|
|12 x 1.25 mm||70 - 80||8|
|14 x 1.5 mm||85 - 90||7.5|
|14 x 1.25 mm||85 - 90||9|
|7/16 in.||70 - 80||8|
|1/2 in.||75 - 85||8|
|9/16 in.||135 - 145||8|
Hub Center Bore
Hub Center Bore: Relates to the center hole in the wheel that centers the wheel on the hub of the car. Since most wheels are mass produced, they have a large center bore to accommodate several different vehicles. If this is the case, it is recommended that you use a hub ring. Hub rings are hard plastic or metal ring that fits between the wheel and the vehicle. This centers the wheel perfectly on the hub ensuring that there is no run out when the wheel is installed on to the vehicle. Without hub rings it is possible to get vibrations even if the wheel / tire assembly is perfectly balanced.
Wheel offset is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true center line of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true center line of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.
H = High - Positive Offset, typically FWD (Front Wheel Drive) +45, 40, 35 offsets
M = Medium - Neutral Offset, typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) +20 offset
L = Low - Zero to Negative Offset, Offset typically RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 0 offset
Common Bolt Pattern Conversions
This information is accurate to the best of our knowledge. No warranties or guarantees are expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information provided on this site. Use of this site constitutes your agreement to these terms.
- How to Measure Bolt Pattern Bolt pattern - diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs.
- Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence Correct Wheel Lug Nut / Bolt Torque Sequence - 4 lug, 5 lug, 6 lug.
- How to Measure Wheel Back Spacing This measurement is important to be sure you have proper wheel clearance.
- How To Read A Tire Sidewall Learn to understand the common markings found on tire sidewalls.
- How To Plus Size Your Wheels
- Wheel, Tire and Fender Fitment Calculator Calculate Wheel Fitment, Tire Stretch and Rolling Radius. Includes Speedometer Error Calculator. Play with specs, try different settings and combinations, compare results.
- Tire Size Change / Speedometer Calibration Calculator This calculator is designed to give information related to tire size changes and the general impact they have on the calibration of a speedometer. It determines speedometer error and tire size information based on published and generally accepted tire dimensions as given by the standard US tire system (i.e. 205/45-ZR16). All calculations are based on the assumption of a new tire (as opposed to used) where the numbers on the tire accurately represent the dimensions.