Emblem, Badge, Insignia and Nameplate Installation Instructions
- Prepare New/Replacement Emblem(s): Apply a coat of wax to both enhance the appearance and protect your emblems.
- Remove Existing Emblem(s): One suggestion is to use a blow dryer or heat gun and some fishing line. Use a back and forth motion with the fishing line to cut through the adhesive. The fender and tailgate emblems may have studs on the back, so you will not be able to cut all the way through. Once you've broke through the adhesive pull off the emblem.
- Clean Surface: Wash the vehicle's surface and use Goo-Gone or a similar productto remove any of the remaining adhesive. Alcohol can also be used to clean the surface where the emblems will be placed.
- Install Emblem(s): Remove the plastic sheet from the back of the emblem to expose the adhesive. For fender and tailgate emblems, align the studs of the emblem with the notches on your truck. Gently press the emblem onto the surface of the vehicle.
- Installing Emblems On A Different Model Year
Emblems of a specific year can be placed on any model year vehicle. If the alignment pins on the fender and the tailgate emblems don't match the notches on the vehicle, one or even both of the pins can be removed. The alignment pins are just used for alignment, while the adhesive is used to place the emblem on the vehicle.